Eat, Move, Breathe:
Nature's Way to Optimal Health
Spring Detox Day Retreat
Laurel Highlands, PA
Saturday, May 9, 2015
(Mother's Day Weekend)
with Linda Meacci and Tami Gingrow
Download Eat, Move, Breathe tri-fold brochure.
May 9-10 is Mother's Day weekend! Why not treat that very special woman in your life to a very special day just for her?
It’s the perfect time for a “Spring Cleansing” of body, mind and spirit. Linda Meacci teams up with Tami Gingrow, founder of Body in Balance Healing Center, for a fabulous day in the majestic Laurel Highlands. (Learn more about Tami here.)
Join us as we breathe the spring air, feel the earth beneath our feet, eat fresh foods and commune with the healing forces of nature all around us. At every turn, you’ll gain valuable insights into the body's natural detox process and what we can do every day to support it. All levels are welcome (modifications will be provided).
The day's topics include:
- How the body by design is constantly detoxing
- Seasonal routines that optimize health and aid the body’s natural detox process
- Nature’s way to detox with local, wild and seasonal foods, teas and medicines
- Breathing’s vital role in the detox process
- How yoga stimulates circulatory, digestive, endocrine and lymphatic systems and wrings out muscles, soft tissue and organs
- Applying yoga principles to how we move every day
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
- CHECK-IN (8:15 am)
- JUICING JUMP-START – First off, we’ll jump-start the metabolism with fresh juice and wild-harvested teas. Fresh juices nourish, rejuvenate and detox the body.
- SPRING CLEANSE WORKSHOP – Linda leads this 2½ hour invigorating flow to restore body, mind and spirit. Pranayama practice will lead the way as we focus on a variety of twists (aids digestion), Sun Salutes (builds heat, releases endorphins), Warrior poses (grounding), forward folds (liver), backbends (kidneys, adrenals) and inversions (circulation, lymphatic system), and end with Savasana (deep relaxation) to calm the nervous system.
- BRUNCH – For brunch (and dinner later), we’ll enjoy delicious foods with as many wild-harvested and local ingredients as possible, and learn how the ingredients aid the body's detox process. We will share all the day’s recipes so you can take them home and enjoy them again.
- YOGA HIKE – After brunch we carpool to Ohiopyle State Park, where Tami leads us on a purifying 3-hour trek through the woods. We will practice breathing techniques and explore other ways we "Detox in Nature." We will learn to incorporate yoga principles into how we move and learn to improve our balance and stamina, using contours in nature (like trees, rocks, creeks and rivers) to practice asanas and meditation.
- DINNER – We return to the Red Silo Barn to share another fresh, healthful, and detoxifying meal (and even a guilt-free dessert!).
- BONFIRE & CLOSING MEDITATION – We close out our day with a guided fireside meditation. Approximate end time
is 7:30 pm.
Date: Saturday, May 9, 2015
Time: 8:15 am – 7:30 pm
The Red Silo Barn
206 Calvary Church Road
Champion, PA 15622
Just an hour's drive from Pittsburgh in the beautiful Laurel Highlands. Click here to get directions using Google Maps.
Register online at the Body In Balance Healing Center website. Click here.
Cancellation Policy: On or before April 25, 2015, a refund will be issued, minus a $20 processing fee. No refunds will be issued after April 25.